Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back From Austin





June 4, 2008

Dear Neighbors,

I have just returned from the Democratic state convention in Austin and to be truthful I am so grateful to have witnessed how strong we all are as a Party, but we must remain united.

Although I did witness some lively debates between Hillary supporters and Obama supporters the one thing that party officials and all candidates reminded all attendees of was that we were all Democrats with a common goal: Winning everything from the White House to the State House to the Court House.

This message took time to take hold but as the convention ended I began to see changes in individuals that had been in attendance, realizing that there is power in our numbers, so I am firmly convinced that we will be an unstoppable force come November.

While in Austin, I received some long awaited news. I received the formal endorsement of the Harris County AFL-CIO Council. As a former union leader and the son of a union man, this endorsement is one that I highly value . I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Richard Shaw with the Harris County AFL-CIO endorsement committee for all his efforts and hard work.

I also wish to thank Congressman Gene Green, Congressman Al Green, Congressman Solomon Ortiz and the members of the Texas Democratic House Campaign Committee that have endorsed my campaign.

Now that the convention excitement is over, we can now return to the tasks at hand that will take us to victory: Blockwalking/Leafletting, Fundraising, Phonebanking and building on our base. I look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Your Democratic Candidate for Texas House District 127

Joe A. Montemayor

No comments: