Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank You

Dear Neighbors,

I wish to start by congratulating Rev. Crabb in defending this seat for Texas House District 127.

Although Rev. Crabb and I disagree on the district's direction regarding education, public safety, and economic growth, the majority of the residents within the district elected to keep the status quo.

As you all know since the beginning of this campaign I have asked the residents of House District 127 not only to support my candidacy, but to support all the candidates on the Democratic ticket by voting a straight ticket. I thank the 21,932 voters who supported me, and those who supported the Democratic ticket.

Our efforts as voters contributed to great Democratic gains: Adrian Garcia was elected as Harris County Sheriff, 23 judicial candidates were elected, we have a new District Clerk in Loren Jackson, and a new County Attorney, Vince Ryan. For this I believe that we succeeded and will be always be grateful.

And finally for those of you who have asked, the only plans that I have at this time are to spend time with my family and reflect on the blessings that I have been given.

From my family to the district thank you all for all your support.

Your Democratic Candidate for State Representative,

Joe A. Montemayor

No comments: